Elder and Sister Darton
PO Box 310
Nauvoo, IL 62354

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Funny Story

Each week of the pageant there is a different family cast and the core cast remains the same week to week. The core cast performs an extra show (It's called our story goes on) for the family cast towards the end of their week during the middle of the day just out of town at the jr. high school gym. I think it's just sort of token of appreciation to show the family cast their gratitude and also the core cast is very talented so they might as well share it. Anyway the week of Aubri's family cast (the one she watched kids for) she invited us to come out to the show so we could see the show and meet some of her family members and the parents of some of her children (she had adorable children). Well we worked late at the temple that day (which in July we have worked late almost everyday) and we arrived after the show had already started. Aubri needed to go hang up her period clothing costume so Tom and I went in ahead of her. We had come straight from the temple. He was dressed in a full suit, white shirt and tie, I was in a Sunday dress, everyone else was in shorts, grubbies, sweats etc. We quietly snuck/sneaked in and sat towards the back. Aubri came in later and sat by us. Well after the show Aubri heard from the director of the pageant that everyone was all a whispering back and forth to each other "there's general authorities at the back of the gym". I guess they all thought we were general authorities. The director kept saying no, they gotta be someone's parents or something. (thinking we were the parents of someone in the show) but the discussion continued until the show was over and we stood up and Aubri gave me a big hug and the director said see, I told you, just parents. When Aubri later heard the story from the director and shared it with us I cracked up laughing. Whoda thunk we would ever be confused for general authorities. It was pretty funny, hard to explain so I guess you would have had to have been there.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Love it!! thanks for sharing your blog address.
Janice