Thursday, June 17, 2010
Ten Million Fireflies
Tom and I went out last night (after my bedtime) and tried again to get pictures of the fireflies. We took Tom's good camera so we were able to capture a little glimpse of the amazing view. It doesn't do the real thing justice but you can sort of see. We decided that there really are at least 10,000 and maybe even 10 million. For every one we see there are probably several more that aren't glowing. They don't glow all the time, some are on and most aren't so they rotate. I don't know how to explain it very well but in case you can't tell I am obsessed with them. Don't forget you can click on it to enlarge it and then you can see the little glowing critters. They are all the sort of neon green dots. You can even see some in the trees.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh! That would be magical....someday!
I am with you girl, I LOVE fireflies also. We had them in TN also, yet another thing I miss about that place. Faith Hill has a great song on one of her albums about Fireflies.
Post a Comment