Sunday, April 25, 2010
First Sunday
Church is at 8:00 am, that's right!! And we thought 8:30 at home was early. Not only is church at 8 am but in order to sit in the chapel we have to be there by 7:30 and we heard as more missionaries arrive that may change to 7:00 am. One sister told me they call it the 5 hour block of meetings, 1 hour early to get a seat, 3 hours of church and 1 hour of choir practice. YIKES!! We are not a ward or a branch. I am not exactly sure what we are but we don't have RS or PH, its called Sisters and Brothers meeting. It has something to do with the fact that our records are not here so they don't have any records for anyone. Sacrament meeting was really good all the speakers were site missionaries going home and they shared several moving stories of the sacrifices of early saints. I am excited to learn all these stories for myself. As we drove home from church we drove around to all the historical sites (it has been quite rainy, cold weather so we haven't walked around as much as we would have liked) and I have been a little emotional about the fact that I LIVE where Joseph Smith LIVED. I will walk his streets and live in his town. I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around that one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment