Elder and Sister Darton
PO Box 310
Nauvoo, IL 62354

Friday, May 7, 2010

Thunder and Lightening, Very Very Frightening

Well, last night we got to experience our first mid-west spring thunderstorm. You would not believe it!! It was lightening then 2 seconds thunder, then 2 seconds lightening, then 2 seconds thunder, over and over all night long. I had fortunately taken 1 advil pm and so I woke up at 2:00 shut my window (it was so bad I thought the lightening was going to come in through my window and get me) watched it for a while, put my sleeping beauty mask (as Tom calls it) on an went back to sleep, when I woke up at 5:30 it was still going strong. Did I ever tell you they don't have sprinkler systems here, now I know why. As we got ready I wasn't sure I wanted to run from the apt. to the car but things started to calm down about the time we were ready to go.

A few of you have asked for what my day is like, I don't have time to answer individually so I will just give you a run down here.

5:15 - 5:30 wake up (depending on if I am shampooing my hair)
shower, eat, make-up get dressed etc.
6:30 leave for the Temple

7:00 Preparation meeting
7:30 1st assignment
1:30 last assignment
2:00 usually done and dressed but sometime we have to stay (yesterday Tom got home at 3 but I got to leave, today we both got home at 3)

When we get home we do laundry, blog, grocery shop, clean up the apt., make dinner, go for a walk to explore, visit the historical sites, visit with people who are out in the streets (either other missionaries or tourists visiting the sites)

4:00 workout (we live upstairs so we try to pick a time that won't be too obnoxious)

6:00 dinner

7:00 clean kitchen, layout breakfast, make lunch maybe watch Survivor or The Race or 24 (but its kind of dumb and the race is ending)

8:00 get ready for bed

9:00 In bed, read scriptures, listen to church history lectures, study spanish, or read books on Nauvoo

10:00 (IF not SOONER) lights out and sleepy time.

The next day get up and do it all over again. I am loving the working in the temple part and it has been quite an easy adjustment. However, the remaining hours in the day are just not enough to get everything done. The 6 or 7 awake hours outside the temple seem to go really fast. Everything seems to take longer, the washer/dryer are little and slow, the grocery store is far away,the kitchen is only basically equipped? so I sometime have to make something, then wash the pan to make something else. No complaining intended just trying to give you an accurate picture.

Well, that was probably more than you wanted to know but I hope that answers your questions, if not let me know.

No comments: