For those of you that are reading my blog for the first time, this won't make any sense but for those who have been following I have decided I have to abandon my fun title of Foofaraw. As much as I like the word and meaning (a fuss over trivial things), nothing about Nauvoo is trivial. I suspected this from the beginning but thought I would have a little fun with it for a while.
As we have finished our first week which was ALL training and everything was so touching to me I have been fighting tears so often that I have pretty much had a headache all week. As we met in the historical and rarely used Assembly room I teared up just being in the room, then as we heard messages from the presidency and matron and assistant matrons each morning I wept through each one. Most of you know how easily I cry but the spirit has been so strong as we have listened, learned and grown to love the temple more and more each day. I'm sorry I can't share every minute with each of you.
Today we finished the week of training with a half a day of cleaning. As I got ready I was thinking well I won't have to worry about crying today, boy was I wrong. We started the cleaning session with the night engineer speaking to us about why we keep the temple so clean and orderly and then he ended by singing acapella "Oh My Father". WOW, we were just there to clean and the spirit was so strong.
Now other than the side effect of a little headache and a little embarrassment, the tears are a good thing. When I feel the spirit my tears just spring forth. It has been a GREAT week and we have learned a lot. Tues. will be our first day online, we can't wait to start actually working with patrons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment