Monday, May 3, 2010
en·to·mol·o·gist definition Pronunciation: /ˌent-ə-ˈmäl-ə-jəst/ Function: n : a person who is trained in or working in entomology
I am continually amazed at how efficiently the church functions. They think of everything!! When we were getting our training on cleaning we learned about bugs!! I guess they grow them pretty big here in Illinois and so the church hired an entomologist. They learned that some bugs can see the temple from as far as 10 miles away and they come towards the light. Even the bugs want to be at the Nauvoo Temple. Because of this the lights on the temple at night will soon change from white lights to orange lights, this cuts down on the bug problem. Since we didn't know when this change was going to happen and since it wasn't raining last night we snuck out to take some night shots of the temple. I say snuck out out because we haven't been out late at night since we got here and our 2 neighbors don't have p-day on monday so they had already gone to bed so we had to tip toe down the stairs to be really quiet (and considerate) as we left late into the night it just felt weird like we were breaking curfew or something. As far as I know we dont' have a curfew or anything but I kept feeling like we were going to get in trouble. Anyway, here is a night shot of the temple with the white lights, I guess we will have to sneak out again when the lights go orange.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh so beautiful!! I envy your life right now! Having said that, we miss you already. Thursday night will not be the same without you! Enjoyed looking at your pictures and video clips.
xoxo Karen
I had to smile at the thought of you two trying to silently creep down the stairs...were you wearing black?
Beautiful picture of the temple...worth the effort
And I'm jealous that you saw a firefly...still on my wish list! Next time you sneak out get a picture of one :)
Post a Comment