Elder and Sister Darton
PO Box 310
Nauvoo, IL 62354

Monday, April 26, 2010

Thanks for the comments

I guess someone is reading this Foofaraw so I will keep going. I opted for the blog instead of emailing you because if you don't want to read all this foofaraw you don't have to, but I do love your comments, thanks.

We officially start tomorrow. We get set apart at 9:45 and then train until 5 at which time they will be feeding us a dinner catered by the Zion Mercantile.

We had dinner the other night with the manager of the Zion Mercantile and it was really interesting to hear about the different aspects with the gift shop, restaurant and Inns (hotels). She also manages The Willard Richards Inn which is the only Inn down in the flats where all the historical sites are (besides the temple) and where all the missionaries live. I will see if I can scan a map and attach it so you can see. I took pictures of our apt. today but I guess we forgot the cable to hook up the camera so we are working on that little problem.

I also forgot to tell you that I saw my first lightening bug on our very first night in our apt. We were coming home from the Rendezvous in old Nauvoo and we pulled into our driveway and as we were walking from the car to the apt. a lightening bug flew right in front of me. It's really early for them so we were shocked and I was so excited to see the little flying glowy thing. Gotta love cheap thrills.

No comments: